What will I learn?
On completion of this course you’ll be able to:
- apply an understanding of how fluid properties, rheology and atomisation performance can have an influence on spray drying
- manipulate drying parameters to influence product microstructure, materials properties and quality parameters
- appreciate the hazards involved in spray drying and how to ensure safe operation
- recognise how spray drying processes can be scaled up and appreciate the possible pitfalls on scaling up
- understand how spray drying principles can be applied to the manufacture of real industrial formulated products for economic and better preforming processes as well as improved product performance and quality
- discuss how challenges are tackled across different industries
- choose and design appropriate equipment such as atomisers and towers for laboratory, pilot and production-scale spray-drying.
How will I benefit?
You’ll benefit from academic and industrial presentations, demonstrations, theory and real industrial case studies.
Making Pharmaceuticals will host over 2,000 visiting pharma professionals over two days, and 200+ exhibitors from across Europe who gather at the event to meet, network, generate business and take advantage of more than 90 free to attend pharmaceutical conference sessions.
Fluidised beds are widely used in industry due to their characteristic fluid like properties of good mixing and heat transfer. Applications of fluid beds range from combustion in power stations, catalytic reactors to the engineering of particles via methods such as low density agglomeration and encapsulation.
This new course focuses on the use of fluid beds in particle engineering area and covers:
- the basic principles behind fluidisation
- the importance of particle properties
- the impact of bed design on the structure and optimal operation of fluid beds, both batch and continuous.
The course is grounded in practical experience gained across numerous industrial sectors by a range of speakers from academia, equipment manufacturers and end users. The scientific principles of fluid bed operation will be reinforced by a number of practical demonstrations which show the theory in practice.
Vitafoods Europe is the event where the global nutraceutical supply chain comes together to do business. Visitors can source high-quality ingredients, raw materials, service or nutraceutical products from over 1,200 global suppliers. Vitafoods Europe is the only dedicated event covering the nutraceutical supply chain – from ingredient to shelf.
In an ever changing nutraceutical industry driven by consumer demand, Vitafoods Europe tackles key industry trends, regulation and best practise to help make informed business decisions. Whether you are looking to sample the latest functional food or beverages or see the latest innovation or applications within probiotics, Omega-3s or sports nutrition a wide range of free presentations and visitor attractions address key business challenges.
Thousands of recycling and waste, business and local authority professionals attend RWM Exhibition each year, making for a diverse and relevant visitor base.
Take advantage of the overall dynamics offered by POWTECH, the leading exhibition for experts in powder and bulk solids technology! This event provides a presentation platform for innovations and advancements in processes for the manufacture of quality products made and processed from powder, granules, bulk solids and liquids – also for the environmental and recycling sector.